The Garden Bothy
For a short break to remember come and stay in The Garden Bothy and enjoy the delightful country garden here at Thornycroft. A warm, welcoming one storey, stone built self catering cottage equipped to a high specification
Accommodation at a glance
- Fully equipped kitchen/diner with electric oven, hob, microwave, fridge freezer, iron & ironing board.
- Light and airy lounge, a comfortable place to sit with TV (inc Freeview), iPod dock and WiFi.
- Double bedroom, wardrobe, dressing table and drawers, TV and hairdryer.
- Shower room with shower, basin, WC and heated towel warmer. Towels and toiletries included.
- Patio doors leading to private courtyard garden.
- Porch with stone floor, ideal for storing wet coats and boots.
The gardens at Thornycroft
Visitors to The Garden Bothy are welcome to share and enjoy our ¾ acre landscaped gardens. We are constantly working and developing the garden and can often be found with hoe, secateurs or fork in hand! We have mixed borders with quite a few unusual specimen plants along with a productive fruit and veg plot, greenhouse, poly tunnel and orchard.
The courtyard garden is directly outside The Garden Bothy and is the perfect place to sit and relax after your days exploring. There is a dining table there if you want to eat your evening meal al fresco.
Rainton is a charming rural village with traditional stone built dwellings and a village green. We are ideally situated close to the A1M and A19 between Ripon and Thirsk.
The village has 2 traditional village pubs The Lamb Inn and The Bay Horse, both of which serve evening meals and a selection of Yorkshire ales. There is also a range of places to eat locally to suit all occasions and we will be happy to recommend somewhere to suit your tastes.
North Yorkshire is the ideal place to spend a few days. We are situated in the beautiful countryside of the Vale of Mowbray between the North York Moors, the Hambleton Hills and the Yorkshire Dales. There is a wealth of wonderful scenery and coastline as well as historic towns, cities and houses to explore. Nearby towns include Thirsk, Ripon, Boroughbridge, Northallerton, the spa town of Harrogate, Masham, Helmsley and of course the historic city of York.
Gardens of interest to visit include Newby Hall, with the longest herbaceous borders in Europe, Beningborough Hall (NT), Castle Howard, Thorpe Perrow Arboretum, Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal (NT) and RHS Garden Harlow Carr. Over the Spring and Summer there are a number of gardens in the area open for the National Garden Scheme that are well worth a visit.
Prices are for hire of The Garden Bothy for maximum 2 people with a minimum stay of 2 nights
- April/May £65.00 per night
- June/July/ August/September £75.00 per night
- October/November £65.00 per night
- There is a £50.00 discount of the total price with a stay of 7 nights.
Read our Terms & Conditions here